lunes, 14 de marzo de 2011

Nos conocimos en enero. Inglés (II).

Frightened

We met in January, and on the 14th of April I could sleep for uniterrupted seven hours for the first time. That wasn’t exactly our relationship would make me to suffer from imsomnia, though. In fact, the day we’d met, on the 23rd of January, wasn’t at all one of my best days, since I had just passed, without being warned, from the heat to the cold; from the comfortable darkness to the blinding light; from the warm water to the fresh air; from the silence to the noise.

Three days after, to be precise, you invited me to your house for the first time, and undressed me sweetly while I was staring at you actually frightened. Next days, I couldn’t either cease being scared, since I had passed from the soft, rythmic sound that had previously comforted me for so many months to the irregular daily noises: a ring at the phone, some loud laughs, a door shut with a slam, the going up and down of a lift, the flowing water from a tap, the crash of a dropped glass...

Anyway, all that didn’t matter, because you were the best of the smiles, the softest caress, the warmest hug, the most intimate of the perfumes, the sweetest flavour. You were too a white tender sphere with a slightly darker circle in the middle, and then, another white tender sphere with another slightly darker circle which made me to savor your exquisite delicacy. And I wanted you, and I needed you. But, the night of the 14th of April, you hadn’t to breatsfeed me during uninterrupted seven hours, for the first time!

To my son Darío

Asustado

Nos conocimos en enero, y el 14 de abril pude dormir por primera vez siete horas ininterrumpidas. Aunque el problema, exactamente, no era que nuestra relación me provocara insomnio. De hecho, el día en que nos conocimos, el 23 de enero, no fue precisamente uno de mis mejores días, puesto que acababa de pasar, sin previo aviso, del calor al frío; de la cómoda oscuridad a la luz cegadora; del agua cálida al aire fresco; del silencio al ruido.

Tres días más tarde, para ser precisos, me invitaste a tu casa por primera vez, y allí me desnudaste con gran dulzura mientras te miraba a los ojos realmente asustado. Los días sucesivos, tampoco pude dejar de sentir miedo, ya que había pasado del sonido suave y rítmico que me había confortado durante tantos meses a los desacompasados ruidos de la vida cotidiana: el timbre de un teléfono, unas fuertes carcajadas, el golpe de un portazo, el subir y bajar de un ascensor, el agua que sale de un grifo, un vaso que cae y estalla en el suelo…

De todas las maneras, nada de todo eso importaba, porque tú eras la mejor de las sonrisas, la caricia más suave, el abrazo más cálido, el más íntimo de los aromas, el sabor más dulce. Eras también una blanda esfera blanca con un círculo ligeramente más oscuro en el medio, y luego, otra blanda esfera blanca con otro círculo ligeramente más oscuro que me hacían saborear tu exquisito manjar. Y yo te quería, te necesitaba. ¡Pero, la noche del 14 de abril, no tuviste que darme de mamar, por primera vez, durante siete horas ininterrumpidas!

A mi hijo Darío

Mónica Pascual Pueyo, 2nd Intermediate- English

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario